Character Map made just for Windows 8
The Character Map tool that comes with Windows is an incredibly useful tool but it is equally lacking in usability. This project sets out to offer a free and better alternative to character map tool that comes with Windows but with an additional focus on developers
Easily browse and search for any character in any font. View Unicode information about characters, copy them to the clipboard and even save them as transparent images. Character Map by Vertigo was made with software developers and designers in mind and offers
easy access to the common features we in the industry need at our fingertips.
- Supports all installed fonts.
- Automatically excludes non-printable glyphs.
- Get Unicode information for each character.
- Copy as markup to use in apps.
- Get the Windows developer enumeration name for a character.
- Search for characters by decimal, hex, or name.
- Save character as a transparent image of any size.
- Group characters by code page.
Concept, design and development: Tim Greenfield
Dynamic access to font and glyph info: SharpDX
Unicode Data provided by: The Unicode Consortium
We hope you enjoy this tool and don't forget to review the app in the store!